At the beginning of the 21st century our world is facing serious problems with regards to environment, climate, energy conversion, raw materials, water and food. All these global problems are seeking scientific solutions, especially from physical chemistry and electrochemistry, and in this connection analysis and dynamics are of tremendous importance, in particular Catalytic and Adsorption Reactions in chemical ProcessEs. It is expected that the 5th Ertl symposium will provide a good opportunity in these attempts, and we wish great success to all the people involved in this enterprise.
• How to create H2 from CO2?
• Water Oxidation and vice versa
• Ammonia Decomposition and vice versa
• Reforming and Electrochemical reforming
• Electrostatic Ion Adsorption
• Spatiotemporal Pattern Formation
• Computational Electrochemistry